Tenants: Tenants top tips for renting right.
Renting couldn't be easier for our tenants, so we have put some top tips together to help you find the perfect poppy property.
- Talk to the team. The most helpful person to talk to when looking to find a rental property is our expert team. Just tell them about all your requirements and they will work to find out what you require in a property. It couldn't be easier.
- Furnished or Unfurnished? This decision should be made early on as it allows you to narrow down your search. Plus, don't forget to ask what appliances are included.
- Always view the property. Viewing a potential property not only allows you to imagine yourself living there, but it also gives you the time to view the condition of the property. Look at the internal and external space, would you fit your belongings in? Where would they go? Check for where the power sockets and phone lines/TV points are. All of this will help your final decision about where to rent?
- Consider the layout. Does it have the number of bedrooms you require? Is there enough parking? Does the bathroom have a bath or shower, or both?
- Budget right. Work out honestly what you can afford and set a budget to guide you through the process. This needs to be realistic and as a result it will help narrow down your search so that you do not become overwhelmed viewing too many properties.
- The surrounding area. Don't forget to look around you when you are travelling to the property, is there good transport links close to where you would be living? Where is the local school? If you don't know the answer simply ask your letting agent and they will be able to answer your questions.
- Look outside. Is there a garden? Make sure that you are happy with the size of the garden and the up-keep (if it falls under tenant responsibility).
- Parking? If you have a car or more than one car, do you have a place to park? Remember that in some rented accommodation you may have to pay for an allocated parking spot. Ask your letting agent about this, they can advise what is best to do in the case of each individual property.
- Ask us the right questions. Make sure that before you enter into any legal contracts that you know what fees are payable. How much will you be paying in agency fees, guarantor fees and your property deposit? Double check if you are responsible for all of the utility bills and the TV license etc.
- Does it feel like home? Can you imagine yourself living there? This is key to all of the above, if you feel relaxed and happy in that space then it could be perfect for you.
So there you have it, make sure that you know the answers to the important questions before you jump into any legal contracts. Our experts are always on the other end of the phone to answer any questions you might have. Just call 01482 324010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.